homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Flipping Off Adult Swim.

A firm believer in original content, I rarely quote OPP (other people's penmanship) at length. But I saw this woman recently kicking ass on a news show, discovered her blog and have been meaning to at least mention the whole Boston bomb scare in passing. I wouldn't make a better point than this:

I'm sorry Mario's fabulous travel plans abroad may somehow be ruined by this "embarrassing" Boston incident. Shouldn't he stay stateside and offer his considerable "bomb recognizing" expertise to Homeland Security?

Watching two 27-year-old "artistes" (one of whom is seeking "refugee status" from some slime hole) acting like children, I can't help but think of guys and gals in the US armed forces 10 years their junior, in charge of billion dollar equipment, generally comporting themselves with considerably more maturity.

This incident, like Columbine, reveals deep generational fissures. And I'm on the side of the grown ups this time. I for one am relieved to discover that Boston's first responders don't waste their spare time watching unfunny Adult Swim cartoons.

Amen, Ma'am. Sure it was silly - but I definitely felt relief too. Yeah you know me!



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com