homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Splittin' Skulls In Wellfleet Was A Rite Of Passage.

Who else is going to the Frank Black show at the Beachcomber this Friday night? Let me know and we can all meet up beforehand at the, uh, Beachcomber I'd imagine. It's either that, a dirty seagull nest or a sand dune.

Some biggish things are afoot here at PITF. First out of the gate, tomorrow will mark the return of Wednesday Wadio! I was sorry to see it go due to Radio.Blog's bandwidth issues, but see no reason not to keep it moving using YouTube. Just about very music video imaginable is available on YouTube, and it doesn't sap away my juice. So look for that, and when applicable I will include links to downloadable MP3s you can fire on to your desktop or iPod. No sense spreading the sonic gospel if the only place you can hear new music is by watching grainy, choppy videos online.

Also, Blogger is finally launching a categorization feature, which will allow you to, for example, click the Wadio category and see every single one of them I've ever written on one easy page. Also up for categorization - Quizzlet's, Quotelets, Tall Tales, concert stories, etc. It's a good way for people to find or revisit the 2+ years of content I have collecting dust in the database. It will also be good for SEO and site indexing.

It's also high time for a redesign. While I've hacked into this template quite a bit (note my cute little face within the colored dots above, fundamentally it's one of the standard blogger ones available to everybody. I'd like to spend a little money and have something completely unique created for PITF from scratch. If you know any good designers with Blogger template experience, send them my way. So I'll be breathing some new life into the old girl, which she sorely needs, and I hope you'll stay riveted to my silliness like it were a rickshaw/SUV collision.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't happen to know if there are any more tickets available, do you? I didn't even know about this, I must have missed it.

btw, did you see the latest rolling stones frank black interview (it's on the website), he basically says that (for now), they've given up on a new Pixies record and that they couldn't make it work. I for one am pleased... Besides I really enjoy the Frank Black solo (& catholics) stuff and I don't want him to stop...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Sam - Google 'beachcomber wellfleet' and then call them. I think there are still tickets. It is this Friday night.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you migrate the data using a CSV file or some other backup format? If so you should look into Word Press...pretty cool stuff going on there with their module based community. Moveable Type is a nice system as well but costs a couple bucks for the bells and whistles.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:22:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com