homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, June 04, 2007

The Belly Of The Beast.

In the middle of all this "I'm so busy... Waaah - I'm moving internationally, change my drawers" bullshit, I've gotten a little ahead of myself. I get daily IMs and emails asking me why I have the fucking audacity to stop writing regularly. So, in spite of the imminent re-imagining of PITF, which is truthfully well underway and even paid for - I will continue to write. I am honored that any frigger still cares.

I am truly in the belly of the beast this eve. Less than 100 miles away lies the Capital city of Canada, my place of birth in 1973, whose Senators hockey team is in the running for the first Canadian Stanley Cup since 1993 - That's 14 frigging years for anyone keeping score. For comparative purposes, that's like the USA not being the champion of inventing chewing tobacco for almost 15 years straight. Brutal, I know.

The end of my Grandmother's street (I am living alone at her house with Boss until it is sold) has "Bring it home to Canada, Sens!" written in children's street chalk at the intersection. At least 5 out of every cars I pass have a little Sens flag waving out the window. Every time my beloved Uncle John and I meet for a beer, there are pubs full of Senator shirt clad fans everywhere. It's a typically quiet and reserved Canadian event of incredible importance.

Anaheim is now ahead in the series 3-1 as of 5 minutes ago, and the series is returning Wednesday to California - which isn't great for the odds. Home ice and one more win and it's over. But I'll be watching, and I pray for continued serendipity relating to my move home. Go Sens, and go my bid on a Charger tomorrow in the auction.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's all over for the Sens Dave.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:12:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com