homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Potato Gun 101.

Sundays have been known to drag up here at the lake, and it's important for me to keep my father as stimulated as possible. Over dinner Friday night at a pub in Portland, I asked him if he'd be interested in making a movie about his beloved potato gun. He smiled broadly and I knew I'd just have to start shopping it to the major studios.



Sunday morning we got a bag of spuds, a can of hairspray and headed down to the dock. Filming took about 10 minutes while editing took several hours. I'm getting up to speed with the software though, and I dare say this will probably be the first installment of a Gordo franchise. Even to those who don't know my Dad, this is probably going to be extremely funny. Enjoy.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! Checkin in to see how things in Canada are going.

Spud Cannon...that is AWESOME. I have to know... what role does the hairspray play?

Did he make that himself? He should get together with my dad. He invented an engine that runs on chicken shit. Together they could save the world.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canadian Hillbilly yobbery!Typical! Next thing you know you'll be buying a muscle car & posing for pictures with it shirtless... both of you! Don't shoot an eye out. SeanC in Boston (for now..)

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

The hairspray bursts into flame when it comes in contact with the spark from the igniter, and the subsequent pressure propels the spud into the stratosphere. Glad you're still reading. Things will pick up soon.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 1:29:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com