homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Miraculous Doritos.

Appetizer: What is a symbol that inspires you?
There's a flag you can get - I looked for a photo online but unfortunately couldn't find one for you - which is a combination of the Canadian and American flags. I've seen them flying both up North and down here, usually close to the border, and they always make me smile. The disconnect, animosity and ignorance from both sides towards the other tears me up a little bit as I feel a close affinity with both nations. But I can always take a little solace in Mark Steyn.

Soup: Name something that happened in your life you'd consider a miracle.
Does the $40 scratch ticket on New Year's Eve 1993 count? Didn't think so. I've had a great life thus far - but nothing really stands out as an Earth-shattering miracle. That's a very strong word. Even the Goddamn Pope died. A family member just had a potentially very scary MRI scan come back negative - so I'm going to go with that.

Salad: How do you handle criticism?
With salad tongs. But seriously, folks - not all that well. If you ever run into me on the street, naked and covered with chocolate syrup and beestings - that's me handling criticism. But you should really get a shower and a beekeeper's uniform before leaving the house next time. What in the fuck is wrong with you?

Main Course: Complete this sentence: I feel alone when...
I am in a room by myself. But it's only a matter of time until the voices in my head show up. I've saved thousands on therapy because I've embraced these voices, and besides - they always bring along some Doritos.

Dessert: Name one TV show you wouldn't be caught dead watching.
I'm not one to talk, as I watch a lot of reality television. The easy answer would be something like Antiques Roadshow. But I friggin' love Antiques Roadshow - so I'm in a bit of a pickle again. Let's split the difference and say anything on Lifetime starring Meredith Baxter Birney. Unless they're doing a biopic on one of the appraisers from Antiques Roadshow.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The symbol that inspires me is the rainbow colored decals on the rear windows of Subaru Outbacks (Lesbians on Board"
My miracle....
I was at a DC Party and met a goddess of 26,blonde, blue eyes who worked in Trent Lott's office. We spent the evening together ( I threw my friend UN out of the hotel room to be alone w/her)The evening was beautiful and when I woke up the next morning next to her.. I had to pinch myself..She walked over to the window and opened the drapes and the morning sunlight off the Patomac hit this unbelievable body...I watched her walk across the room to the bathroom with me biting the sheets in my mouth controlling my excitment. While she was showing I called my friend UN to tell the story...We had breakfast together on the balcony and then she left for home. Of course I sent for a car to take her. This was my "make a wish" dream come true...I can now die in peace
Criticism...go f**k yourself
I feel alone when I am by myself
I would not watch Monk..

Happy Friday everyone....Chrm

Friday, April 08, 2005 5:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: What is a symbol that inspires you?
Nintendo Logo: I always feel l’ve accomplished so much after sparking a spliff and sitting down to three hours of Gamecube only to have sore thumbs to show for it.

Soup: Name something that happened in your life you'd consider a miracle.
During university I had a job as a Pile Drive Inspector and I narrowly escaped getting crushed by a telephone pole sized pile. Never turn your back on a pile!

Salad: How do you handle criticism?
With a scathing retort and a dollop of spite.

Main Course: Complete this sentence: I feel alone when...
There is nothing good on TV.

Dessert: Name one TV show you wouldn't be caught dead watching.
Well, all you good Canadians will know when I say any CBC programming that involves petticoats and horse drawn carriages. As well anything that involves custom made choppers.

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i know the flag/logo you're talking about pye - it's got a big heart with a maple leaf on it and then a big gun with the stars and stripes on it. i think under the gun it says "fuck everybody else".

dervaitis

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

And under the heart it says "please ram a cock in my mouth". Now, see - there's that silly misguided animosity I was telling you about.

Friday, April 08, 2005 6:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pye,
Last year the Lockmonsters had a goaltender by the name of Patrick DesRochers. Probably one of my favorite Lowell players of all time for two reasons. 1. He loved to fight. I mean he LOVED it. At least once a year you could count on him leaving the crease to beat up the opposing goaltender. When he was with Springfield a few seasons ago, he had a fight with then Lockmonster goaltender Travis Scott that is one of the best fights I have ever seen, goalie or otherwise. These two just stood there and chucked em. It was awesome. Last season he beat up a rookie goalie from Springfield, and the kid was rumored to be crying in the dressing room after, saying "I didn't want to fight him, he's crazy." Marty McSorley was the Springfield coach last year, and apparently, he was none to pleased that his goalie was beaten up, and then was crying in the dressing room after. Reason 2. Patrick came to Lowell in a January swap of goaltenders between Springfield and Lowell. Naturally, DesRochers' mask was in the colors of Springfield's parent club, the Tampa Bay Lightning. So, when he got to Lowell, he had a plain white, Jason Voorhes model, until he could get his painted in a color representing the current owner of his rights, the Carolina Hurricanes. One evening, as the off ice crew was enjoying a pregame meal, Lowell steps on the ice to begin pre-game warm ups. I happened to be sitting next to the other goal judge, and as Patrick came out, we remaked to each other that he had had his mask painted. I was high up, so I couldn't make it out, but it looked a lot better than the Tom Sizmore from Heat mask he was wearing. I had the end that Lowell defended twice, so I was going to get a look at it first, and as many of you know, I don't get out much, and the little things excite me. So, I take my post, and the team skates out. DesRochers takes his position in the Lowell crease, and I am stunned by the beauty of the mask. On the right side, was a beautiful painting of the American Flag, and the Iwo Jima Flag Raising, and on the left, was a Canadian Flag, and a beautiful monument. I apologize Dave, but I do not know the name of the monument. Anyway, it was the most beautiful mask I have ever seen on any goaltender ever. That to me, was one of the most inspiring symbols of Patriotism I have ever seen, and even though Mr. DesRochers can not stop anything over his left shoulder on his glove side, his mask will always be a symbol of inspiration for me.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Great story, Smooth. Say hello to J-Roc for me.

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:30:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com