homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Comes Early For David.

Q: What's the status of the Pixies? Still enjoying the reunion?
A: We just got back from Japan. That was the last gig on the books. At one point during the last show, I was teasing Kim [Deal] about something, and she flipped me off. She was just fooling around, but I thought she was serious. It was the first time that'd happened the whole time, and I thought, ''Oh, man, she's mad at me. It's over."

Q: You recording a new album?
A: Yeah, but I need to write some good songs. These Pixies have gotten a little uppity. They're like, ''What if it's not as good as the old records?"

Very happy to read this Globe interview with Frank Black today. But I'll believe it when I see it, as will we all. And then, of course, some of you have lives.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really want to see a new Pixies record...? I'm not sure I do. Its been so long and I feel like it can't possibly be as good as the old stuff... of course I could be wrong and I'd very likely buy it if they recorded it... but it worries me...

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Sam, I'm worried too. But I have no control over it, and will just hope for the best. It's an exciting prospect, good or bad.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:49:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com