homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Painful, Painful Nerdery.

When people want to know about certain things, they talk to me. As if I were Mad Max and they were a desperate villager who needed to find a truck to haul gasoline. But it's not quite as cool as post-apocolyptic gang warfare-related advice - when all they're asking you is to tell them what movies you recently went to by yourself before masturbating yourself to sleep whilst crying.

"I'm greatly looking forward to King Kong and A Scanner Darkly, which is an animated version of a Philip K. Dick book," said Dave Pye, senior account manager with a Boston-based search engine marketing firm. "Blade Runner, Total Recall and Minority Report are all great geek movies based on Dick's work, and I hope the trend continues."

Still, it's very nice to be an authority on something. Maybe I can work my way up to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are a +5 nerd" - if you get the reference, then I rest my case.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rollin' a d12 +1 hit die there boy?

Seriously Dave - you are not that much of a nerd. At least you didn't see Narnia on opening.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help big dave. Who says reporters shouldn't interview their good friends. Not me. Hey everyone, read that story and give me some traffic. My job may well depend on it. (yes I am a whore)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:17:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com