homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, December 01, 2005

That Thing About The Iron And The Candle Wax.

My new roomate Tom moves in this weekend. Yes, another new roomate. I swear to Christ I'm not going all John Wayne Gacy on them and stuffing them under the water heater. Rest assured, all my former roomates are alive and well attending outpatient therapy somewhere.

The former tenant was nice enough to leave three big gobs of candle wax and chewing gum (I'm not sure which is which) on the carpet, and although I steam cleaned Tuesday night, they are still front and center. Someone at work told me about a neat trick - cover the wax or gum with a paper bag and hit it with a hot iron. The smeg will stick to the bag and come right out of the carpet.

You know what? It works. Amazing. If you don't have similar spots on the rugs in your home, make a mess just so you can try this out. Have a Satanic ritual, seal an envelope, find a pack of Big League Chew and get things started. Best of luck.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com