homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Un Autre Crowning Achievement.

My new crown popped off a few months back while I was working in the office on a Saturday night. A truly amazing thing happened to me that evening when I stopped in for a drink on my way home. I can't get into the details, but in the interests of setting the stage - let me just say "I can die now". And no, I didn't go home with Shirley Hemphill. Which is good because among other reasons she'd been dead for 7 years by that time. I'll never forget that night, is my point.

So when that same pesky tooth cap popped off again yesterday, as I absent-mindedly tore into a Sour Patch Kid, I was initially obviously very upset. But then I remembered my previous good fortune and wondered - was there a tie in? Would the tooth fairy return, and was she still going to be as generous? The short answer is "no". All I got out of the deal was an emergency trip to Newbury Dental this morning and an hour's less sleep. But I think I learned a larger lesson, so perhaps the true value of crownfest #2 has yet to be revealed.

Whether it was the 7th consecutive day of Blade Runner weather, the obnoxious ponces in the Back Bay or my violent aversion to all things homeless - one thing is becoming clearer and clearer. It's probably time for me to leave Boston. When my lease is up in September, that may be it for this chapter of my life. It's a good thing. A change is as good as a rest - and I feel like I've been on a HabiTrail treadmill for a good year now. If I were a puddle of rain water, I'd be full of bacteria and SeaMonkeys. If I were a tourist in Florida, I'd have one round behind the ear and my head against the steering wheel. If I were a shark, I'd be a floater. I'll stop.

I really think the semi-infamous wanderlust of my early 20's has returned. And I think I like it.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where to eh?

Friday, May 12, 2006 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'd love to move to Vancouver, but I have too much family stuff going on for that to be a good idea. They're all out East. So likely Toronto.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger irshal said...

Toronto is one of my favorite cities . . . I approve!

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com