homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, May 04, 2006

JP's Birthday At The Red Fez - The Final Countdown.

When Pyes have birthdays, the weather usually tries to end the family line. I don't know if one of my Norse ancestors insulted Zeus or frigging Beowulf or found the Monkey's Paw or whatever. But it never fails. My Cinco de Mayo/JP's b-day parties have been marred by torrential downpours 4 of the last times, and my 30th saw the biggest snowstorm that had hit Boston in 20 years. But, barring locusts, we're on for Saturday night for Japes' 30th at the Red Fez.

I have been planning parties for a long time, and attending them for even longer, so I thought I'd compile a list of things I've learned over the years. And perhaps a few pet peeves. If you're coming, this info may prove useful and avoid potential party fouls.

1. Please refrain from ever using the term "party foul".
2. Don't ask me what time you should be there. There's been an Evite, discussion on the blog, and you're also probably over the age of 6. Parties on Saturday nights start between 8 & 9, unless they're being held at a preschool or in the activity room of an institution not permitted to provide forks.
3. If you don't know how to get there, please look on the Evite, Google it or look at the restaurant's website that I've linked to several times now before you set out. I am not good at driving directions, especially in the South End, and the only way in which I'd be able to help you is to pass my phone to someone else or light a fucking car on fire in front of the joint.
4. If you know Janet, and she doesn't want to hit you for any reason, you're invited. If you didn't get the Evite it's an oversight and do not take it personally. My friends included.
5. Have an exit strategy. Unless you're somehow related, or part of my inner, inner circle, I don't have after hour parties anymore. It sucks, but it's not worth the neighborhood grief I get.
6. If you're on the Evite, reply to it. It makes her feel good.

That's about it for now. I hope to see y'all there, and please remember - Don't feed Gordo any liquor.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com