homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, October 29, 2004

Friday's Quizzlet: Refrigerated Klingons

Appetizer: Name a board game you enjoy playing. What's fun about it?
I think that a true nerd is some who embraces it - and who truly revels in their nerdiness. The type of guy that will speak Klingon to another nerd while there are single women in the room. You get the picture. Anyway, my point is that Bryan and Art bought me a great DVD/board game for my birthday last year called Scene It. You answer questions about movie clips, etc. It's great fun - the only problem is not only have I smoked everyone who's ever played it with me, I do so well that the games only last 15 minutes. So I fear that may make me a nerd of some sort. But I'll fight the classification tooth and nail.

Soup: How's the weather been in your area lately?
All weather, wind patterns and barometric pressure has been on hold in Boston due to the World Series. Normal forces of nature will resume after the parade tomorrow, and I'll gladly update you then. A stupid question deserves a...

Salad: Do you consider yourself an emotional person? What types of emotions do you experience most often?
Does crushing disappointment count as an emotion? If not, then put me down for 'ennui'. Jesus, I sounded like an Allston hipster just then. Pardon me, I was due at a Kerry rally at The Model an hour ago.

Main Course: List 3 songs you've been listening to recently.
I listen to 'There Goes The Fear' by The Doves daily. It's my absolute favorite song of all time, and has appeared on just about every mix I've made since early 2002. Even the rap ones. I've also been listening to this amazing and really hard to find song called 'Here It Comes' by Longwave. I'm not a big fan of the band's other material but this song just does it for me. And finally the new U2 song, Vertigo, is superb. Loving it and looking forward to the rest of the album. Not crazy about the iPod tie-in though. Or any of their albums from 93-99.

Dessert: What's on your refrigerator door? Magnets? Photos? Calendars?
Trailer Park Boys magnets. A photo of me, Jill and Sara taken on a Boston harbor cruise 2 years ago. A Christmas photo sent to me by Becky, Phil and Cole. A photo from PJ's wedding with him, me, Henry and Harkins. An alarming brown smear which I'm sincerely hoping is Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. But it gets weird in that apartment sometimes - so you never know. Until you taste it.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com