homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, February 14, 2005

Going Sledding? Try Using A Hill. And A Sled.

Janet sent me a photo of her sledding this past weekend up in Vermont. She looks like she's having a great time, but I've been sledding a time or two in my life and can't help but notice a few key elements seem to be missing here. I used to tear up Nashawtuc Hill in Concord with my Super GT Snow Racer. Damn straight. They called me 'The Avalanche'. They also frequently called me "Hey big, drunk 16-year-old who is far too old to be sledding - you're hurting our children". Which I never thought was that catchy.



Now, if Janet had said to me instead that she'd been lying in a snowbank while up in Vermont, I wouldn't take issue with this photo. Is this the training hill? Do they take a couple of dry runs across a parking lot before working their way up to an incline of some sort? Will they actually give her a sled next weekend? Yes, the sledding's changed a lot since I was a lad. But not the drinking.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun Janet. We use to use car hoods or semi truck tubes. Nothing like some good sleeding.

Bryan Whitely

Monday, February 14, 2005 4:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, who needs snow. I come from a relatively tropical country where we used cardboard and grass...

*Sigh*

...The good old days when you had no 2nd thoughts about jumping head first down a bank with a flimsy piece of cardboard, dodging rocks, grass, gorse and sheep shit everywhere. :)

Monday, February 14, 2005 4:31:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com