homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Saturday, February 05, 2005

I'm The Firestarter.

Life is good this week. My old roomate is out and a new one is on the way in. Everything is back the way I like it, and my pad is once again it's clean, spartan old self - sans mounds of useless curio crap that left with its owner. I've been painting, sweeping, mopping, consolodating, dusting and this place just looks amazing if I do say so myself.

That is until I just set fire to it.



I'm hiding in my room right now as the nasty burnt nylon/goosedown smoke clears. I had a candle near my new $160 jacket which apparently burst into flames simply due to the heat. I was downstairs loading what crap the old roomie didn't take into the basement when I heard the fire alarm go off. I rushed upstairs to find the entire coat ablaze. A few good puffs from yours truly and it was all over, but my newly restored sanctum has been putrified.

The funny thing is, I heard that Thursday night the old roomate's new bedroom caught on fire too. Has anyone seen Drew Barrymore walking around the North End?



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fricken way - that is just way too funny Dave. If you could have seen the fire in the room Thursday night. The wall was ablaze!!! Well - good to see you handled it well. Sorry bout the coat. 

Posted by Monster

Saturday, February 05, 2005 7:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coat was phattio. Granted - I'm glad I don't currently look like an overcooked fish stick, but I will miss the coat. 

Posted by David Pye

Saturday, February 05, 2005 7:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you buy Hasib's old Triple Fat Goose Oakland Raiders Jacket? Damn tough loss. 

Posted by Detroit Velvet Smooth from Moncton

Sunday, February 06, 2005 10:53:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com