homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, February 11, 2005

Trailer Park Baby New Year.

My father sent me these photos a couple of weeks ago. I chuckled, shook my head and then vowed I'd never show them to a soul - for fear that such strange nuances of my ancestral lineage may one day exclude me from public office. Now that I think about it though, I've pretty much ensured as much all by my lonesome. Still, I figured I'd keep the snaps to myself for fear of embarassing the old man in public. You can see why for yourselves...



The photos were entitled "babynewyear.jpg" so I can only assume the stories I've heard about my Dad being the Trailer Park's resident Foster Brooks are true. Gordo is basically the wind-up entertainment for this portable Floridian community. Kudos to him for enjoying his retirement, however disturbing it may be to the rest of his kin. He makes a superb baby new year, and it looks as though there was at least one costume change involved as well.

But then I got word that he had actually been checking the blog on a regular basis, and was miffed that he had yet to be featured! The old man reads my site? Jesus, that changes everything. Actually, we're talking about Gord here. I don't need to change a thing. And since we're on the topic, I'll share my favorite exchange with him from last summer:

"Hey Dad - I didn't know you liked Mike's Hard Lemonade."
"Well, actually I enjoy a nice bottle of it every night while I watch the sunset."
"You know what it is, right?"
"What?"
"Malt liquor for chicks."
"Fuck off."



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooo!! The Mike's Hard Lemonade story is true. I was there. Next summer he might be into Seabreezes, who knows. -janet

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

This summer we'll have a deck and a proper house to stay at. I'm esssited!

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave (& Janet)-If it makes you feel any better, my dad has the same hat that your dad is wearing in the pic on the right. I never thought it possible that another one existed. -Stacy

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Stace... I only hope he wears shirts most of the time and is photographed dancing with women who are his wife. Did you get the Evite for the Mardi Gras party Saturday? Email me if not.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:36:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com