homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sing My Praises. Let's Fucking Go Here, People.

UPDATE: Hey, Losers! I'm not writing any more entries until I get some more testimonials. And yes - I promise. I write for you guys every day. You can grace me with a sentence or two. Now excuse me while I go run around in nothing but a Canada T-Shirt.

Web logs are like little virtual Frankenstein monsters, each borrowing the best bits from the other. One thing I've seen a lot of recently are testimonials from fans and loyal readers. When done correctly, these can take some of the narcissistic steam out of feeling important enough to have your own blog, and be quite hilarious in the process. I'm thinking about including a javascript which rotates a selection of them somewhere in the main site template. Simply put, every time you visit the site or refresh the main page, you'd see a new blurb about Pye In The Face, me or whatever.



I have a collection of comments, good and bad, that I've been emailed over the last 10 months - and there's a also a great crop of material here. I'll probably get to this over the weekend whilst taking a break from far more important projects. If you'd like to take a stab at writing one that might be included, please do so right here. Keep them short, funny and honest. Anonymous posts will be deleted. Now picture me bracing myself.



10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pye in the Face oft reminds me of the wise words of Seneca, “Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium” - Diligence is of great help to the mediocre mind.

Of course I refer to my diligent daily visits to this blog…

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie SMASH! said...

For a fucking conservative, Pye's all right.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jennie SMASH! said...

For conservative fucking, you'll have to look elsewhere. Ha! Ha ha ha.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it though... what do you want?

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

C'mon Sam. You're a sharp kid. Here... I'll just do one for you:

"www.davepye.com - More fun than a bag of wild squirrels. - Sam"

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I am feeling a bit blunt today...

ummm...

What about one with a down-under slant...:

"www.davepye.com - makes me so hungry I could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck..."

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arse off a low flying pigeon.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DavePyr.com: "It's better than any silly metaphor..."

Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.SavePyr.com - Well it's better giving money to Dave rather than that fake site, SaveToby (.com).

(Dave, what is your paypal account so that we can start donating to save you from being eaten in June?)

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I have to fear is your damn tongue ring.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 3:24:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com