homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Can't We All Just Eat Poutine?

Here's a very timely photo I just got from my old friend Heather. I went to CCHS with her here in MA, but she has Canadian relatives with an insane island-bound cottage North of Sudbury Ontario you can only get to by boat. You can't get much further North and probably shouldn't unless you're mining nickel. I figured I'd share, as it's a nice, idealistic reflection on how I wish relations between the USA and Canada actually stood.














The Maple Leaf and Old Glory, proudly overlooking a sunset... and some sort of wounded woodland birdlet. Yanks and Canucks living together - mass hysteria. I wish the Liberal Moonbat segment of Canada, and the Right Wing Conservative faction of the USA, could be genetically melded into some semblance of a resonable and measured human being. If we need extra body parts for the effort, we'll just use some Quebecers. And we also have a lot of very mouthy NHL players who could be put to better use right now. I dub thee effort "Hands Across The Great Lakes" and will remain steadfast in my resolve to not hold my breath for a second until things change.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, the fact of the matter is you take a Canadian and an American and put them in your idyllic cottage for a weekend of fishing and drinking and they will get along swimmingly. When it comes down to how we spend our leisure time, there really aren’t too many differences whether you come from North or South of the boarder (I'm a little be country and I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll!). Hey, what can I say, I love partying with Americans; but just don’t expect me to agree with how 50 per cent of them think a nation should be run – but that doesn’t mean their points of view are totally invalid. There really needs to be a lot less of the “us or them” mentality in current politics – man, it makes me furious to hear people say that if you disagree with them then you are totally “against” them. Relax, the fact of the matter is you need extreme leftist and extreme rightist because reality resides somewhere nicely in the middle. Peace out!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Honestly - well said.

But my cottage definitely has a moonbat in the belfry.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, that's just your liberal conscious screaming for attention.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to listen to the new, reworked version of Paul McCartney's Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey. I'll be interested to hear how well "the Great Lakes" will replace "the water" in the song.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the interest of Peace. Let's talk labor Peace. My sources tell me the NHL will announce a new CBA today! I could not be more excited. Welcome back boys.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:21:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com