homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Is Burning.

"After the initial shock of stumbling over the truth, what will Britain do? Go back to the Bob Geldof agenda or avenge her dead?"

I checked Al-Jazeera West (CNN) before I left for work this morning and already knew what had happened in the Big Smoke by the time I'd stumbled upon the Park Street T stop evacuation. I should start carrying my camera with me during my walks to work - I come across crazy scenes almost every day during my pedestrian travels. And by 'crazy scenes' I of course mean VPLs.

On Tremont Street people were spilling out of the two kiosks and being shepherded onto waiting buses by frantic T employees in bright orange vests. Some displaced commuters headed straight for the Commons instead - unsure of what was going on and visibly confused. State police and city cops were everywhere, and for a moment I thought "Oh no, the Red Line has been hit with a bomb too. Did I remember to turn the lightswitch off and on exactly 37 times before I left the apartment?" The only thing scarier than Al Qaeda is an OCD.

In case you spent the first half of today with your head in the laundry sink, the non-existent terrorist threat didn't blow up three Underground tube stops and a double-decker bus or kill over 50 people during rush hour in downton London, England. That was some other guy. But regardless, it happened - and if you're one of my Londoner friends, email a brutha so I know you're safe. The official death toll is currently hovering at 37 - but that'll undoubtedly shoot up quite a bit. The Qaedlings obviously chose today carefully - with Blair, Bush and Putin in Scotland for the G8, and the 2012 Olympic bid news announced only yesterday. Why rain on a parade when you can blow it to kingdom frig?

"At dusk, hundreds of thousands of Londoners began a long walk home, with the underground network that carries 3 million passengers a day closed at least until Friday. Thomas Carr, a 63-year-old electrician who faced a two-hour walk home, said he would keep using the underground. "It won't put me off using the Tube," he said. "You can't let them beat you."

I wish only the best for the people of London, and the penultimate worst for the animals responsible. Regardless of where you stand on the politics, today was a sad reminder that we're nowhere near out of the dune yet.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help it. This whole London terror thing really upsets me. I don't know if it's because I have so many friends over there, (who are all ok - thank god), or if it's because I've been exactly where the bombs went off. In fact one of the bombs went off in the exact spot and time I was riding a train to Paddington station 4 months ago and where I will be riding in 2 months... What can I say? It upsets me and I wish those bastards had been shot at birth...

Friday, July 08, 2005 1:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Animals did this. They will pay.

Friday, July 08, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam, glad to hear that your friends are alright and Pyeman I hope the same for your buddies over there. I was fortunate enough to spend a week on holiday in London last year, one of my best trips I have ever taken. Maybe if I had never been there I wouldn't be so effected by this tragedy but I've been truly upset and effected by yet another sadistic act committed by these twisted SOB's that call themselves "martyrs".

We will reign in these terrorist groups in and make them insignificant in the world. This act has only strengthened the resolve of the British and American people to eliminate these groups.

For any of you Brits out there, our prayers go out to you and the victims of such an evil act.

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

My peeps are OK. Although I haven't heard from Taz yet. He's probably in Germany pissed as a newt, though. So I won't worry just yet.

Friday, July 08, 2005 12:20:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com