homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Damn You, Blogger. Damn You All To Hell.

A WordPress migration looms ever closer on the horizon. Google's shares have soared to $300 this week - while one of their flagship properties, Blogger, has continued to sniff furry little mice nuts:

"The launch of Blogger Images required a bit of new code that is causing some users annoying layout problems. Before launch, the templates passed our tests but because of the open nature of Blogger templates, we weren't sure which kinds of template modifications were going to be affected. We're hammering out the solution now and we'll update our help site with some workarounds today."

And I'm hammering out a batch to the latest Victoria's Secret catalog. But where is the progress? I mean, besides all over my T-shirt? I've been watching the evolution of Blogger since the guy who created it sold it to Google, and it's being run (into the ground) by a bunch of kids. I should have packed up and moved last summer when I got industrious and almost pulled the trigger one long and sober Saturday night. But I couldn't get the comments to transfer properly, and I lost my nerve. So if you've been wondering why my text has been looking like Camryn Manheim jacknifed onto it off a telephone pole - now you know. Bear with me.

There are as of yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Peruvian jungle who've developed better content management systems than Blogger. And I wished I'd joined them months ago. Although my head would now likely be very tiny and hanging on someone's belt.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To import posts and comments from blogger, follow this easy guide:

http://catsutorials.catsudon.org/?p=15

Jo

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Jo - that looks amazingly effective and I will give it a try. You're a delightful human being.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:16:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com