homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Montreal Smoked Meat/Dave.

Yep - I'm smoked. Headed to a bachelor party in Montreal early tomorrow morning with one of the craziest groups of guys I've crossed paths with since the definitive glory days of the Brampton Posse. Nate, Lance, Tombeno and I are all staying in an Executive Suite at the Godin, which is about as posh as it gets in Quebec. It's also a little bit like putting a silk hat on a pig. I'll be sure to get some photos of the room prior to there being an enormous streak of pink human honk across one of the walls.

If this is any indication, this weekend will border on the debaucherous. The emails that have been circulating between the LA crew and the Concord crew have been a network-administrator-with-a-grudge's dream come true. We haven't even left yet and I've already spent a small fortune. But I think that through a combination of pacing, penicillin and the buddy system - the four of us should get home in one piece. Or at least with all of the pieces in the same car.

Any photos that don't include either the groom or myself tarred and feathered whilst being spanked with a trout by a midget that looks uncannily like Anna Nicole Smith will be posted in the gallery sometime next week. Until then, you'll just have to open a window, stay completely silent and listen keenly for my muffled screams.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good times. Have a good time boys. Oh, tell Karla I said hello.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Pye, I was just up there for my bachelor send-off with 11 of my american buddies and two quebecors, couple pieces of advice:

1) don't sleep, it will only slow you down.

2) go to McDonald's late night. Its nothing like the one's here in the states and is open all night.

Alot of good places and people up there, enjoy!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave-
Please be careful. I don't mean to sound like a granny, but I will worry about you boys. I told Jay I'd come pick you up if you got thrown in the klink. Please please just try to get home in one piece.

Stacy

Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, Sounds like a sweet trip. I was there just last week. Make sure you go for a poutine at la belle province and a smoked meat sandwich at shwartz's -both are awesome.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Barkla - Glad to see you got my note. Are you in touch with any of the old Lorne Park crew? Josh, Dave, Nick etc.

Stace - Thanks for your concern. Most of us are going to be constrained, for the best, by the fact that we've already spent 8 million dollars on getting to Doug's actual wedding next month. So fear not - we shall return.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:46:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com