homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Did You Get My Voice Mail, Pilgrim?

Appetizer: Which season do you most look forward to?
The fall - no question about it. I hate the humidity of summer, and NorthEast winters can be nothing short of brutal. The fall is a reasonable mix of the two extremes - like metrosexualism. Boston is similar to Toronto in that there are usually about 3 weeks out of the year where you're actually comfortable - the rest of the time you're either too hot or too cold. In addition to leaf peeping, fall offers us football, Halloween and hockey. Usually, hockey. Don't get me started.

Soup: What day of the week is usually your busiest?
It depends on which squeaky wheel needs the grease, and how many vats. I enjoy my new position, but the daily tasks are intangible in many ways. Who is pissed off, who is confused, who is in danger of becoming pissed off or confused? It reminds me of the pursuit angles they teach you in football - anticipate where the relationship is going. I head more angry clients off at the pissed-off-pass than John Wayne did cattle rustlers.

Salad: Would you consider yourself to be strict when it comes to grammar?
Very. I have an English degree, afterall. It becomes a pain, however, as I'm now in charge of proofreading every proposal, press release - actually any piece of sales or marketing material that leaves this office. But I've decided how to get this off my plate, quickly. Slip in the odd Polish joke.

Main Course: Who has a birthday soon, and what will you give them as a gift?
Mike's b-day was this week and we had a BBQ for him at my sister's place last night. He actually gave me a present - he ripped and burned his father's Dean Martin celebrity roast DVD for me. These were the precursor and inspiration for the roasts you see nowadays on Comedy Central. Politically uncorrect, stuffed will all my favorite rat-packers and 70's celebrities and drop stone cold dead funny from beginning to end. So thanks, Mike, for helping me celebrate your birthday with Dino.

Dessert: If you could have any new piece of clothing free, what would you pick?
Another suit. I think I'm addicted now. Something in a pinstripe or maybe even a SeerSucker, perhaps? I could then get a job which requires me to wear a Seersucker everyday - CSI: Martha's Vineyard. Seamus could be my wacky partner who never gets to drive.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on anticipating Fall. July 1st I can hear a Zamboni start in my brain as free agents begin signing contracts, and I begin my unhealthy obsession with goons anew. By August 1, I may appear to be listening intently to any conversation, but really I just have line ups, and probable fights running through my brain. By September 1, I may as well just be remanded to a State Hospital for I have become a non contributing member of society. October 1 brings the whole deal to a head, as the rosters are shaped and Opening night is right around the corner. Mid October is the best, as opening night has arrived, and I get the first smell of gloves drying, and the first taste of a Canadian Farm Boy yelling "FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!" after taking a marginal tripping call. Yes Fall is almost upon us. Soak it in Boys! If you'll excuse me, my bed is ready at Bridgewater State Hospital.

Friday, August 26, 2005 2:24:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com