homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, September 19, 2005

Congratulations Chris & Heather!

The finish line was crossed this past weekend when I attended my final Summer 2005 wedding-related event. And it was a gasser. But enough about me - my friends Chris and Heather have been together for a very long time and finally made honest Newportians out of eachother Saturday afternoon. A reception followed at the Glen Manor house, but the festivities started long before then. By the time I crawled across the threshold of my apartment late last night, I'd been burnt, punched, pickled and even lost at sea. But in the midst of all the zaniness, one of the best weddings I've ever been to took place.

Jim and I drove down Friday night after work, and met Kinger, John and Steph, Clarkey and Detroit Velvet Smooth at the Sports Ticket around 10pm. We then headed over to the Cheeky Monkey where the rehersal dinner was held to meet up with the rest of the gang. An open bar, speeches, old friends, hugs and a narrowly averted street brawl with liquored locals rounded out our stay. After a quick shot one street up at Sabina Doyle's, and a fly by of Via Via to look for particularly intoxicated females to take back to our phatio roofdeck patio (I wish I were kidding) - we rolled back to the house we were staying at on Goodwin street. I once heard that when Michael Caine was researching this role, he hung out on main street for a night with Kinger.

A great time was had by all, and it flowed (literally) into Sunday where after an exceptional catered brunch we took to the high seas, only to have the motor cut out and be set adrift. Luckily some helpful fishermen pulled us back to the dock just after dark, and I'm not currently writing this on a laptop made out of an anchor and coconuts. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I have SO many so I'm going to pick 40 or thereabouts and put the rest up when I get around to them (never). Thanks for having us, kids - and here's to a long, wonderful life together.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com