homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Doves At Avalon In Boston.

For a Monday, last night was especially fun, silly, sonic and special. I can finally scratch 'see The Doves play There Goes The Fear live' off the list of things I have to do before I die. Now if I can only get around to 'sleep with a woman without paying her' and 'break into FBI headquarters and destroy a certain batch of DNA evidence' - I'll be able to shuffle off this mortal coil once and for all. Or at least live out the rest of my days knowing there's no way I'll ever be tied to that mouthy, missing stripper. I've said too much already.



Dead sex industry workers aside, this is an amazingly talented band from Manchester England who are quite huge over in the UK. To see them at Avalon was a treat, as they play venues 10 times the size across the pond. When Jimmi walked out on stage, after a great opening set by Longwave, he made a remark about feeling like the 'house band'. After they got over themselves, they put on a long, amazing show which J-Rock, P-Cips, Yuki and myself fully dug. Check out the associated gallery here, and look for my full explication of 'Fear' tomorrow on Wednesday Wadio.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com