homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. Seriously.

My first, and let's face it - probably last - acting foray begins this Sunday evening. Don't be Afraid of the Dark hits the stage at the Improv Asylum this week to I'm assuming awesomely rave reviews and soggy-eyed packed houses. This will be my final pre-play shuck and jive, and I encourage you all to come check out one of the performances. I have almost 20 friends confirmed to come to the Tuesday 7pm show - as that is the last performance and I intend to have a celebratory cockytail or two afterwards in a licensed North End purveyor of adult libations. If you want to come, make it Tuesday night and let me know so I can reserve you a ticket. While you're making up your mind, have a gander at our first cast photo:



Let's see... you've got the vamp, evil monster, ingenue, shrew, maid, butler, nerd, nurse, male nurse, lawyer and cop (me). And let me save you the trouble - I'm obviously also a huge nerd, just not dressed as one in this particular example. Listen - I know it's a school night, and some of you will have to drive a fair spell to get here, but I want everyone to be aware and have the details should you want to come and marvel at my almost unspeakable narcissism.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Break a leg Dave.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie SMASH! said...

Are you standing in a hole?

Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I was crouch-leaning forwards to stay in the shot, as per the photographer's instructions. Folks attending the show will enjoy watching me crouch to make it through the doors on the set. Like it's Hobbiton or something. The vale, or whatever those hairy little freaks called it.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

The Shire. Just remembered it. When I looked down and saw my Lord of the Rings tattoo.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell the truth Dave. You secretly have a boner every time you put the cop suit on, don't you?

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Art - "You know how I know Dave is Gay!?! He is in a play".

Dave - the vale - couldn't you come up with something better than that. Anyway - Tag'em In Guuuy!

Friday, March 17, 2006 9:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Dave, check out Red's post today, right up your ally, S. Pat's IPOD selections. www.survivinggrady.com

Friday, March 17, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Art - better the cop suit than having to kill drifters.

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com