homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, March 24, 2006

Roach Jewelry Realities.

No time at the moment for a proper Quizzlet. Jammed up with conference calls all day. But here's a funny story to make you smile in the meantime. About a year ago, I made myself giggle when I thought of a particularly catchy domain name while having a conversation with Smash - so I registered it. 6 months after that, I finally got around to doing something with it, and in the meantime it's been spidered by all the major search engines and does very well for a selection of specific (and completely unsearched for) terms.

That is until Tuesday's edition of America's Next Top Model, when apparently someone wore live cockroach jewelry during the episode. My ridiculous site got over 2,000 hits yesterday and still climbing. Talk about right place, right time. And absolutely no hope of a revenue stream, ever. Still, it's a heck of a thing.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone? No, all the models! They had to walk down the runway with a bejeweled Giant Madagascar Hissing Roach on a leash. The nasty, arrogant model gave hers a little kiss at the end. Then, they all had to put on nine-inch heels and try to walk to the judges' dais and endure them snickering as they fell and broke their ankles.

Truly American civilization at its finest.

Friday, March 24, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just on Top Model - MSNBC does an "oddball" segment and it has a piece today on roach brooches...it's one of the video highlights today on msn.com! I bet you'll get a bunch more traffic from it.

PS - I had so much fun at your play! You were great.

Friday, March 24, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I am gonna ride this wave as far as I can. I emailed the designer who made the cockroach brooches from TV, and a half dozen other jewelry sites with gold roach jewelry to see if they want to advertise.

Plus I installed a contact form on RB this morning, and people have actually emailed to ask how to buy one. I will give you another update when my log file stats refresh tomorrow.

God bless the frigging internet.

Friday, March 24, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com