homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, May 12, 2006

Help Me. Help Me, Help You, Help Me.

I recently ordered a load of 'finance for the handicapped' books from Amazon as I am in an attempt to shake off Tink's pixie dust and move out of Neverland. I also got one from my doctor about bettering one's own health and downloaded the 7 Habits of Highly Effective people which I've listened to in its entirety now and also re-read The Wealthy Barber. I was speaking with a friend yesterday who was quick to point out I'm going nuts with the self help books. Like it was a bad thing.

How do y'all feel about this sort of thing? I don't see anything wrong with wanting to educate/better one's self, and it's not like I'm talking to the HR people at Heaven's Gate or anything. I couldn't balance a piggybank at the moment, and the only thing I've ever aggressively invested in is liquor, which granted has a pretty quick return turnaround time if we're talking about Southern Comfort.

My desktop Media PC TV breaking down has ultimately been a blessing in surprise, although I am paying a couple of college students to come over tomorrow morning to try to fix it. God bless CraigsList. Anyhew, I've had loads more time to read now that I can't Tivo Sanford and Son reruns, and I'm going to keep the trend going. I'm interested primarily in business management, finance and personal sanity. What read should be next on my list?



3 Comments:

Blogger irshal said...

Unless you're reading "You're OK, Im OK", there's nothing wrong with it. Don't listen to the naysayers (even the ones inside your head). You do what you gotta do to edumacate yourself, and books are a good way to do it.

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jennie SMASH! said...

How about a real book?

Friday, May 12, 2006 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I suppose I could get some insight into finance by reading Dickens' Hard Times.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:18:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com