homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Visit SupportWilk.org.

My sister introduced me to Jon Wilkerson earlier this year, and we eventually all went to a Belle and Sebastian concert here in Boston. I hadn't seen him since, and was shocked when I was sent his accident-related website earlier today:

"On Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Jon Wilkerson was involved in a tragic mountain biking accident at the Des Moines Creek Park in Kent, WA just outside Seattle. Jon was by himself when it occurred so he spent the night alone, hanging on until strangers found him the following day. Jon was in critical condition when found, requiring resuscitation and stabilization. His neck was broken at vertebrae C6 and suffered additional damage above and below this vertebrae. The accident has rendered Jon with limited mobility from his neck down. Since being hospitalized, he has also dealt with several significant complications including 4 bouts of pneumonia."

According to the site, set up in his name to raise money for his treatment, Jon is doing as well as can be expected and is in very good hands. I thought I'd mention it here today to give him a little search engine juice and wish him a full recovery. He was a genuinely terrific guy and I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better before he moved. Godspeed, Jon.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad... very nice of you to post.

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com