homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Christmas Present Philosophy.

Yesterday I spent enough on a plane ticket to Toronto to pay my rent, and then some. So I am a little disgruntled with the holidays as a result, and I have an evil plot for my christmas gifts this year. That's right, one quick stop at HMV in Toronto. Mom is getting something about Elvis or the Beatles. Dad is getting The African Queen. The little cousins get the new Pirates of the Carribbean flick. Janet reads this blog, so I'll keep hers a secret for the time being. It almost brings a tear to the eye, right?

The other great parts of this selfless strategy is that DVDs are usually very well received, popular at Yankee swaps and easy to wrap. My Grandmother thinks DVDs are used to keep coffee stains off the kitchen table, so I may have to get a little more creative with her. Perhaps a Rita McNeil CD will hit the spot. Personally, I love getting DVDs, so I'm not really going to lose any sleep over this operation. Just a little respect and a few friends.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Goonblog T-shirts? I think they make a nice gift. People should probably buy a few for Mom, Dad, Grandma.

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brought the William Hung dvd from the bargain bin witrh Virgin closed down for my Yankee swap. hohoho

Friday, December 15, 2006 11:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending cards...that's it! LOL! Dunno if I feel better or worse after reading this!

Friday, December 15, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger irshal said...

Wow - doesn't your apartment run you about $50/month in rent? That ticket to Toronto must have been a real bargain! Have a great Xsmas and all the best in the New Year ;)

Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:31:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com