homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, July 26, 2004

DNC Is Coming To Town: Horse Puckey.

Horse puckey! That's not a personal comment on the state of our fair city at the moment, so much as an observation. There are road apples everywhere! There are Democrats everywhere! In fact, you can't pick up and throw a road apple without hitting a Democrat (as I learned earlier today before a short visit to precinct 11). 



Horses are out in numbers in an equestrian show of force. Children love them and terrorists fear them. I once heard about an unreleased episode of Mr. Ed where Wilbur was accused of harboring a Taliban warlord. Mr. Ed took the term WMD (Wilbur Must Die) to heart and it nearly spelt the end of the series until the plot idea was scrapped in favor of Ed giving free rides at a birthday party instead. 



The boys in blue - and their long faced, saddled and very continent counterparts - are on the case. Even though I nearly ruined a new pair of shoes this afternoon, I'll take dirty treads over a dirty bomb any day of the week. Here's what I say to 80 million dollars worth of security: "Yes, please". I didn't ask that my backyard be invaded by this circus. I have one more thing to add: "Hi ho Silver - all you conventioners please go - away!"



3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

I always had you pegged as a crop-duster.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horse Apples Dave - it is Horse Apples... Road Apples - I suppose that is the City-fied version of the term. Anyway - on a personal note - it feels a little closer to home having all the horse manure around. Actually, Park Street smells better now and I guess some Chinatown natives have been collecting the droppings to use in their gardens. In reality - the city has been a ghost town in terms of the Boston accent - I haven't heard the term 'you fahkin cahcksuckah' being shouted at a cabbie all week.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

It's Road apples. Horse apples are what they eat. Road apples are quite the opposite of that. Who the hell is this, anyway. I am getting paranoid from too many anonymous postings.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 10:25:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com