homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, September 06, 2004

Calling My Caricature Into Question.

I can remember being called a joker, a clown and a buffoon at various times in my life. But never a cartoon. That is.... UNTIL NOW:



We had these done for our website at work, and before seeing it this morning I was very skeptical as to the outcome. I had one done at The Perth Garlic Festival a month ago where I looked like one of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis and it was scary. The cartoonist asked my sister what I like - you know, so she could incorporate it into the drawing. Janet replied "beer and cheap women". Now, while I'm not exactly protesting that description, the caricature came out like ka-ka and I was left wondering "Do I really resemble the same person who wrote Wonderwall?" It was a shock, as I usually get Ron Livingston or Brendan Fraser which I can deal with.

And about three years ago I went to this strange party in the North End. This independantly wealthy, and very strange, socialite was having a party in her apartment which was a converted warehouse across from Joe Tecce's. She'd paid a cartoonist to come in and draw all of her guests. Now, I don't know if said artist was stoned out of his gourd, or if I actually resembled a handicapped Aztec that night - but the drawing was another disaster.

I quite like this one. I'm going to use it as my blogger profile image, methinks. If anyone needs similar Boston area caricature work done for whatever strange reason, email this guy. He's good.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like Race Bannon from Johnny Quest after a few too many plates of Poutine.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

As I said, it's a good likeness.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave Pye! I just had time to check out your web-site (you only told me about it like 3 months ago)

Next time you go to a strange party in the North End at an independently wealthy and very strange socialite's loft, can I come? I've always wanted to be a cartoon... in a Jessica Rabbit meets Elvira kind of way.

It's a good likeness of you....except for the light brown hair. But other than that?... dead on balls accurate.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Of course you can come. If only I had the first friggin' idea who you were. Folks, if you're going to leave an anonymous post - please let me know who I'm talking to somewhere in the text of your comment. Then, and only then, I'll bring you to strange parties in the North End.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops...sorry Dave. It's Kathy....the other Pixies fanatic. I was under the impression that you were psychic.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004 6:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a big head - Mongo!
BW

Monday, September 13, 2004 11:26:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com