homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Discrediting Bush: Boston Globe Gets A For Effort.

As my friend Mike would put it, my favorite 'fish-wrapper', The Boston Globe, decided to run like the wind with a story which apparently proved that some of Bush's military files were concocted recently - and then made to appear as if they were written in the 1970's.

The jist is this: Accusations of forgery can be proven because certain documents were printed with "proportionally spaced fonts" that did not come into use "for office memos until the introduction of laser printers, word processing software, and personal computers. They were not widespread until the mid to late 90’s." Clutch the pearls!

What a scandal. This changes everything. In fact, Katharine Q. Seelye from Free Republic goes a step further: "I am saying these documents are forgeries, run through a copier for 15 generations to make them look old. This should be pursued aggressively." That's quite an accusation, Ms. Seelye, but it sounds like you've done your homework and unearthed a real administration-killer here.

That is if IBM hadn't actually introduced the proportionally spaced typewriter in 1941.

Keep digging, kids. You've got, oh, 54 days left until November 2nd.



3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

In a word, yes. Right after the curse of the Bambino is overturned, pigs fly and you find Jimmy Hoffa whilst renovating the stairs in your new house.

Thursday, September 09, 2004 3:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No - if Dave was a US citizen... he would definitely waste his vote on Nader.
monster

Monday, September 13, 2004 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'd vote for Dubya. In a heartbeat. I hope he reads my blog (stranger things have happened) cause I'll get my citizenship a lot faster. It's quite a process.

So George, if you're reading this, if you make me a citizen in the next 46 days you can count on my vote. Also, my roomate does the Kerry sister's hair (true), so if you want me to do some CIA sneak-some-acid-into-the-hairspray-can shit we should talk.

And give Jenna my email address.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 5:32:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com