homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The Pixes Come Home. Sorta.

Months of ferverish Bostonite speculation ("I heard 3 shows at The Orpheum", "Will they play New Years Eve?", "Who's hand is on my leg?") led up to the creshendo of Saturday's announcement: The Pixies' "Boston" date will be December 1st at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell. I flew to Vancover to see the Pixies in Vancouver back in April, but I haven't seen them play in their home town of Boston since 1991. I was looking forward to it. Lowell will have to do.



Without a doubt, they could have sold the Fleet out at least 3 nights in a row. I'm all for seeing The Pixies in a smaller venue and everything, but the law of supply and demand is going to be so utterly disfigured between now and then that I'd say about 1% of the people who'd like to be at that concert will actually get tickets. But I guess that more Boston dates in December haven't been ruled out either. New Years Eve at the Orpheum would indeed be glorious. I did hear they were arguing with Clear Channel over Boston venues. And they won't let the Pixies sell their LiveDisc recordings in Clear Channel venues, either.

So I wait here anxiously at my desk for the online Pixies ticket pre-sell to begin at noon, and pray to Euriah, Bailey, Ol' Neptuna and the lady in the radiator that I'll get through before they're all gone. Wish me luck. Or a life.

"Empire: What's the perfect soundtrack to a 15th birthday?"
D.R.: "The Strokes would definitely be on it. I'd love to hear The Libertines do Happy Birthday. That'd be awesome 'cos they're quite a hard punk, rock and roll band. They're really good. Jet definitely. Rollover DJ. The Pixies definitely." (Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe interviewed for Empire magazine, 2004)



1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

As of today (9/15) there were still tickets available to the Lowell show. I am surprised at that, but it IS a huge place. Also, I bet a lot of people are waiting to see if there's a show in downtown Boston. But there's worse things than going to see the Pixies twice in one month. Like not seeing them at all.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 5:56:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com