homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

New Year's Eve Nonsense - Who Wants Some?

Everybody's good at something. I've always had a knack for throwing good parties. Whereas New Year's Eve has always excelled at sucking. I'm tired of stuffy black-tie events that usually involve more effort than a wedding and are always a lot less fun. I'm tired of slapdash, mediocre house-parties that are thrown together at the last minute because nobody has anything remotely better to do. I'm tired of never having anything good to look forward to when the ball drops - save for yet another ferocious and expensive hangover. So I'm about ready to throw my hat into the ring and organize an NYE party at The SideBar. I also just used the word 'slapdash'.

But I'm not going to stick my neck out if nobody cares. I want to get a feel for public opinion on this proposed bender before I spend a month and a half working on it. So here's the deal - I promise it will be fun, and I promise the price will be right. There will be a DJ, food, champagne and I'll do my damndest to fill the place with lots of people you know. You'll be able to invite your friends, and we'll keep the party going until 2 a.m. It's a convenient downtown location, and it's right near the 'T'. And no, I'm not making any money off of this. Chime in below.



6 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

You will give me plenty of notice if David Lee Roth calls and invites you somewhere better, won't you?

Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Lee Roth...har har har!!!

He can give you mouth to mouth while helping you main-line Quervo Gold.

http://boston.craigslist.org/rnr/49357163.html

Thursday, November 18, 2004 8:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Pye,
Although the official E-vite has not been created, my brother (J-Rock) will be throwing a New Years Eve party. Not some last minutes piece of shite whipped together the day after X-mas. We're talking real deal holyfield style.
just a thought.
BIG

Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo brotha man, J-Rock in the hisshouse boy!! Just working out the dets on the Evite for the New Years Eve party. This party gonna be slammin boyz! Keep you posted playas. Word to your motha... fool
lata

Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

You Doyles are causing a conundrum. Transportation is a nightmare NYE. As much as I'd like to go to Mike's party, I'm gonna stay within walking distance of my apartment. I'd need a Harrier jump-jet to get out there, and a full dog-sled team to get back. So best of luck, but I'm not pulling the plug yet.

Thursday, November 18, 2004 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Adam - we definitely need a dress code of some kind. It won't be black tie or anything. I'll think on it.

Monster - You need to stop watching House Party 2 so much. Pajama jammy jam? Please. Oh, and fuck off.

Friday, November 19, 2004 5:23:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com