homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, February 14, 2005

Vermont Academy Reunion In Brookline.

Back in October, Wardy organized a Vermony Academt reunion at a Vietnamese restaurant in Brookline. I'll update this entry with more details after I talk to him as I can't remember what the place was called. It was multi-year, so classes from 1992 all the way back to 1942 were represented. I met a lot of great people whose names I really wish I could remember now. If it weren't for these photos that I just found on a CD while cleaning my room, I'd continue to think it was all a dream stemming from bad pork.



First we have myself and the illustrious Billy Kelleher, who lived across the hall from me on the 3rd floor of Alumni Hall - or Slum 3 as it was affectionately known - in 1991-1992. Billy and I were both 'ringers' brought in as post graduates on scholarships to play sports. Billy's hockey talents far exceeded my fruity meanderings on the football field, and he went on to captain the Dartmouth team for several seasons. He currently lives near me in the North End, and we get silly a few times a year.



That's Doug Rumsey on my right, another former Slum 3 boy. Doug is a successful model whom you've probably seen in AT&T Wireless and Gap ads. And lookie here! A quick web search reveals that he is also a Vermont Stud, which I will be sure to tease him endlessly for the very next time I see him.

Q: Since you said you weren't shy, where's the strangest place you've had sex?
A: Wow, that's very personal, so how about I tell you about a kiss? I kissed someone underneath a waterfall in the Virgin Islands. There's just something about the ocean and the water.

Oh my God you're so busted, Rumsey.

The headmaster, Jim Mooney, asked me if I'd like to visit VA sometime soon and do a Q&A with the students about what I do for a living. It would take place at one of the morning meetings where I'd stand on stage in front of the entire school like I did several times 13 years ago. The faculty would want me to talk about online advertising. But all I'd want to tell the kids about is the silly shenanigans we got up to when I was a student there. I'd like to do it eventually, but first there are several statute of limitation laws I'm going to have to look into.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com