homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Great Minds Like To Quote Wall Street.

A very good of mine is getting married this summer, and his engagement party is this Friday night at the Ritz here in Boston. He flew in from L.A. last night and called me as I was walking home from work. "You're here!" I said when I answered the phone. "Yeah man. I'm just standing on Boston Common killing some time," he replied. I started to laugh.

"Dude, I'm walking through Boston common right now. Where are you exactly?" Dougie quickly told me and I cut off of the sidewalk, over a grassy hill and spotted him right away. We were on opposite sides of a large patch of grass, just staring at eachother and pacing back and forth. I couldn't help but be reminded of the scene at the end of Wall Street, where Bud and Gordon are doing the exact same thing in the middle of Central Park. Well, apparently Doug had the same idea, because he immediately broke into full Gecko mode:

"I took you in... a NOBODY. I opened the doors for you... showed you how the system works... the value of information... how to get it. Fulham oil, Brant resources, geodynamics and this is how you fucking pay me back you cockroach".

My gut still hurts from all the laughing I did last night. Congratulations, big guy! We're going to have so much fun Friday night it should be illegal. In fact, I'm almost certain it is illegal. Forget I said anything. (Dave whistles, walks away innocently looking into the sky, and... scene).



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny!

Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:48:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com