homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, May 16, 2005

The Smirnoff Ice Is On The Other Foot.

Saturday night Art and I were walking down Salem Street when I was approached by a young lad of 14 I recognized as one of my little neighbor's best buddies. "Excuse me sir, can I ask you a question?" Considering our proximity to Martignetti's, I knew exactly what that question was going to be. "I don't like the sounds of this, kid" I replied.

I looked down at the slick little bastard in the Jay-Z T-shirt and felt like I was looking at myself, 16 years ago. But it would have been a Public Enemy shirt. Then he popped the question - "Can you get me a six-pack of Smirnoff Ice, please?" I looked down at him and broke into a smile.



I don't know what struck me as more humorous - the fact he'd ordered such a girly beverage, or the fact that I actually considered buying it for him, if only for a second. If it somehow got back to her that I'd bought booze for one of her son's friends there'd be a brick through my window faster than you can say, brick. "Listen, I know one of your buddy's mothers - so I really can't help you out." I didn't stich my little neighbor up and actually use his name, but apparently Jay-Z took my word for it. He said that was "cool" and then retreated to a side street like greased lightning.

Had you told me I'd shut a kid down in that sort of situation today - back when I was 14 - I'd have told you you were crazy. That I'd never be such a buzz-ripping stiff. Then again, I would have also told you that "Rebel Without A Pause" was the greatest song ever recorded.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we supposed to use this pic for Monday's quotelet?

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

No, ding dong. Sometimes I'm capable of more than one post a day. I am sending Art back to you in one piece. I heard you and Dan broke up. What gives?

Monday, May 16, 2005 4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a wang. Er, sorry, what I meant to say is that everytime we go out drinking, all he can think about is his wang.

Monday, May 16, 2005 6:34:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com