homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Unicycle of Violence.

Appetizer: Name a restaurant you no longer visit because of a bad experience.
I really don't have one. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to tick me off to that extent. I like food, food likes me. As long as no one gets in-between, things should go quite smoothly/non-violent. I worked in the service industry for many years and I think that usually heightens your patience. And drinking problem.

Soup: If you could own any building in existence, which one would you want?
I would like to do just that. Own any building in existence. I currently own none, so I'm not picky. A double-wide trailer, an adobe hut, a haunted bungalow where a triple murder was committed - anything is an improvement over zip, nada and zilch.

Salad: What's your favorite commercial these days?
Thanks to Tivo, I don't have to watch commercials anymore. Again, I have no good answer for you, quizzlet. If you haven't already, make sure you check out this one, though.

Main Course: When did you last feel guilty about spending money?
I was recently paid $1,000 in a lump sum and had to spend all of it on bills to avoid a credit blemish. That hurt. A fresh gino in the bank account and it goes right out the door for charges you've already accrued. Bummer. And I had a unicycle on the brain, too.

Dessert: What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie and why?
Definitely Raiders of the Lost Ark. If you have to ask why, you're either a moron or a Nazi.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: Name a restaurant you no longer visit because of a bad experience.
Wild Rice – one of those Asian Fusion places here in Vancouver. What the menu describes and what you get is like trying to paint an emotion.

Soup: If you could own any building in existence, which one would you want?
La Sagrada Familia by Antonio Gaudi located in Barcelona. Who wouldn’t want to live in a building that looks like something from an H.P. Lovecraft novel? Check it out: http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Sagrada_Familia.html

Salad: What's your favorite commercial these days?
I like those Reitman’s ones where everyday women start strutting around like runway models (weird, huh?). The ads I hate right now are those Virgin Mobile ones about “the catch” – I have spited for less.

Main Course: When did you last feel guilty about spending money?
When I bought my new car – my conscience kept saying, “Pay down your mortgage!” Bah! Good thing my little devil loves drivin’!

Dessert: What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie and why?
I’m with Pye. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of those seminal movies that influences your life. Who as a kid didn’t pretend they were being chased by a giant stone ball or cracking a bullwhip or being dragged behind a truck on your belly all the while humming Indy’s them song? I don’t consider Star Wars as essentially a Harrison Ford movie because of the ensemble cast (The Empire Strikes Back was better though…).

Friday, May 06, 2005 4:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst? definitly "Force 10 from Navarone" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077572/).

They've been playing it on AMC (??? chanel 79 I think) lately, and it's absolutely horribly dull.

Personally, Harrison ford is my favorite actor, probably because he's been Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and Jack Ryan, some of the coolest characters ever created. That and Dr Kimble...

Friday, May 06, 2005 4:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Blade Runner! WOW!

Friday, May 06, 2005 4:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm with Pye" is the new *hit* Fox sitcom that follows the hilarious adventures of two roommates who look alike but don’t always think alike, yet always manage to learn a valuable lesson of understanding. Just wait until you see the mix-up which sends Pye to a national Medicare conference while his roommate mistakenly attends an NRA convention with his comic book collection in tow. Ho-ho! The fun starts this Wednesday at 8:00. Don’t miss it!

Friday, May 06, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com