homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Some Like It Hot. Some Can Frig Off.

I could be crawling along the freshly painted red Freedom Trail stripe at the Boylston T kiosk, mouth full of peanut butter and saltines with a sun-lamp strapped to the back of my head - and some twat would pick that particular moment to stroll by and declare "What's the big deal? I like it when it's this hot!" Well, if that's indeed the case, please let me extend to you this invitation to die immediately in a roofdeck propane fire.

"Air conditioner? Poppycock - save your utility money and just give in to this beautiful heat. Slather yourself in Crisco and find a nice patch of incindiary North End sidewalk to lie on. Get some rays. Sure, the 16-year-old bubblegum will be liquifying straight into your hair, but I love it I love it I love it!" This girl lives in my building. And while I'm exaggerating her exact statement to me Sunday morning as I struggled to install my decade old airplane hanger AC unit, I am in no way exaggerating the sudden desire I felt to drop said 100 pounds of freon fixture on her jelly-sandled tootsies.

Maybe it's because I'm a frostback. Maybe it's because I wasn't an Afrikaans tobacco farmer in a former life. Regardless, I don't do well in the heat - and I really wish I still owned one of these.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't get the old, "hot enough for you" that people love to throw around. Every time I hear that, I come this close to going on a seven state killing spree.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Fitzgerald said...

Amen

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I loved the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine. I got it as a gift for my fifth birthday (insert age joke here) and it was the best present ever.

Also, the title of this post made me laugh out loud. Amen is right.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:15:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com