homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Officially Annual: 365 Days Of Dave.

I'm not going to be around a computer, or even resonably coherent enough, to mark the imminent and incredibly unlikely one-year anniversary this Saturday of that strange collection of vowels and consonants that is Pye In The Face. I started this site to learn about blogging as a marketing tool, and simply fell in love with the medium. It's probably just thinly-veiled narcissism, but I've enjoyed entertaining my friends, old and new, for the past 365 days more than you can imagine. I've met many people, sparked a wealth of petty debate and spread around a font's worth of useless knowledge that has hopefully made each and every one of you smile somewhere along the way.

In the past 12 months, 25,750 unique visitors have read my 436 ridiculous articles 78,932 times. I've been called an asshole, a pervert, a neo-con and a 'beautiful man' - albeit only 3 times in the same sentence. My only running theme is attempted humor, which makes the site a little hard to palate for the masses - but to be honest that's the way I'd like to keep it. I can think of few things more appropriate than to now recap a few of my favorite moments that you may have missed the first time around. And the award goes to:

- Best unsupervised fight in the comment section.
- Most overtly nostalgic.
- Weakest attempt at keeping the blog apolitical.
- Best appearance on Comedy Central.
- Most meanspirited celebrity rip.
- Worst blog entry ever.
- Best Tall Tale.
- Best Quizzlet & Quotelet.
- Worst attempt at one-upping me.
- Best attempt at one-upping me.
- Best comment by a famous comedian.
- Most incoming links from other sites.
- My favorite Boston-related article.

I'll leave it at that. For those of you who visit the site daily, it's been a real pleasure. I'd like to invite you all to share your disgust, praise, favorite articles, etc. in the comments below - especially if you're one of my loyal readers who never utters a peep. I know from my server logs that there are about 50 of you - who are you people, and what am I doing right?

Oh, and while we're all here - this is the little belch that started it all.



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, mate. Shame you're not as funny in person ;). I'll keep readin' if you'll keep writin'. Cheers.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like to read your site when i am drunk. because it makes sense then. i will never reveal my true identity. i am like a superhero whos super power is to read blogs.

Friday, July 15, 2005 2:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. I bet most of us can't remember if we were drunk enough to write that 'anonymous' message last night... :)

Congrats Dave, keep up the good work

Friday, July 15, 2005 7:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Dave. Even when your bad, you are still pretty good. My favorite tall tale will always be the one about me, you, and JD getting hammered. Thanks for entertaining us.

Friday, July 15, 2005 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger NiceGuyTom said...

Congratulations Dave. I'm a fellow North-Ender who stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and I've been reading it ever since. It has been a daily glimmer of sunshine in my somewhat partly-cloudy days at the office.

Friday, July 15, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 'Pye in the Face'!!! My daily slice of much needed sarcasm, wit and humor. I have even come to hold a special little place in my heart for all you religious commentors, even though I have never met most of you. Keep on blogging you cheeky little monkey!

Friday, July 15, 2005 1:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrat's Dave...couldn't happen to a nicer man....Great site

Chrm

Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:58:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com