homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: The Big Greasy.

Here is the message I found when I went to grab the Quizzlet questions this morning from my usual source: Please take the time you usually spend on your Feast to reflect upon your blessings and pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.


Is it wrong that I'm aroused by that scenario?

It's hard to wax humorous in the midst of an anarchic natural disaster like Katrina. Here are some of my favorite headlines from the last several days. I have been watching the events unfold with an unhealthy persistence:

- How the hell do you lose Fats Domino?
- 2 women were given C-sections by doctors who had no water to wash their hands before or after the surgeries. I'm pretty sure neither of the babies will be named Katrina. Shaniqua, maybe.
- Normally, this is called Mardi Gras I thought.
- Patients are dying in droves because all of the hospital's life support machines are off (there's no power) but luckily there's a sniper across the street to help speed up the process. Headshots are cheaper than healthcare.
- Fats! We were worried sick. Aaron Neville's mole was also airlifted to safety.

Now that I'm officially going to hell, please donate $20. They make it really easy. I am seriously wearing the T-shirt I bought at Pat O'Brien's today as an additional sign of inappropriate solidarity. Katrina is a filthy whoore. Hang in there people. Help is on the way.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop off for another hand grenade at Pat's eh?

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

It was Bahama Mamas at Pat's, and then hand grenades at some place down the street. I still have the plastic grenade glass.

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you got your fastball back Dave. I was worried. I almost had to call in sick on call today by the way. WAAAAAY too much Ski Dooing.

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

DVS - I have to make my 80th summer trip up to Canada this weekend to see Mumsie. If I don't see you next weekend, I'll see you at the wedding. Don't get too gooned tonight.

Friday, September 02, 2005 3:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get PC'd tonight.

Friday, September 02, 2005 4:07:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com