homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Bob Denver - The Reluctant Icon.

Bob Denver died today, and to say his time was up would be somewhat of an understatement. Earlier this year Bob underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery - and he has been battling cancer for ages. He eventually warmed up to the fact he'd be eternally Gilligan, and was harder to kill than an African cockroach. I'm glad he stuck around as long as he did - as he always made me smile.

"It was the mid-'70s when I realized it wasn't going off the air," Denver told The Associated Press in 2001, noting then that he enjoyed checking eBay each day to keep up on the prices "Gilligan's Island" memorabilia were fetching.

Bon voyage, little buddy. And I'm sure it's no shock that I'd easily pay upwards of $100 for a coconut radio. And by coconut radio, I of course mean Tina Louise's bamboo gusset.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com