homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'll Get Married, Eh Joker? Obviously.

About 4 years ago, Jason did something that made Amy mad. Nothing major he assured me vaguely, but a gesture would definitely be called for and so he turned to his old pally Dave for a quick sentiment-turnaround. As we drove through Guelph, we passed by the restaurant where Jason and Amy had had their very first date. He got out of my car, grabbed a vine covered post in front of the establishment, looked longingly at the front door - and asked me to snap a photograph. It was funny and cheesy in a sincerely homoerotic sort of way, and I had a feeling it would get him out of whatever hole he'd dug for himself.



Now, I thought my involvement in the backpedaling would end there, but shortly after my return to Boston a few days later I got an email from him asking for the photo - with a few requested alterations. "Take any photo of Amy you have, and then have me like... thinking of her in a thought bubble in that picture you took in front of the restaurant." My response was likely something along the lines of "Jesus, what the hell did you actually do, anyway?" Regardless, I got straight to work and came up with exactly what he'd described. I don't have a copy of it anymore - I am hoping he does and will send it along.

The picture worked, obviously. They've been together a long time now and this morning I got the phone call that I'd long hoped would come - they're tying the knot almost exactly a year from this very evening. So congratulations, you two. It's going to go well, and I'm honestly very happy for you both. You can show me your undying appreciation for my lifesaving graphic talents by seating me, and not Mitch, next to the hottest single bridesmaid.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Jason. Congrats!
You should invite a crazy Icelandic woman and then steal her phonebook.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jason!
Watch out though, looks like Johnny Knoxville is movin' in on your woman.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:55:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com