homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Spread Thinner Than Depression Era Peanut Butter.

The play rehearsals have increased to twice a week, and I'll even be at Knights of Columbus Saturday afternoon painting the set with the rest of the cast. It's being built there and then moved over to the Improv Asylum towards the performance dates. I have been enjoying the experience, even becoming enough of a primadonna to actually try and change my lines to ones I think are better suited to my character (who you'll remember is a stupid plot-device cop with about 10 of them). Next thing you know, I'll be asking what my motivation is and blathering away naked in a dark room like Brando. Actually, I guess that's fairly unlikely. The blathering part.

The horror.

We've taken on 4 new clients in the last two weeks at my real job, and although I'm excited by this, I don't know where I'm going to dredge up the time to handle it all. I have a lot to learn about Exchange servers, skateboards and lobby security software - and precious few waking hours in which to do so. The other actors have told me to learn my cues and try to thread conversations together. Maybe I can do the same here at work, and pretend I'm setting off a building alarm which is powered by a server because I did a Frontside 180 Powerslide through reception.

Again, astronomically unlikely.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dabbled in little drama a while back and now that I'm a teacher I find myself "acting" or "performing" weither it be for the children or their parents. haha Yeah I pretend I'm responsible and wholesome! HAHAHA

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

It's OK, Kat. We'll all know you're a filthy sex monkey.

Friday, February 24, 2006 5:21:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com