homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Monday, February 13, 2006

Squidoo For Me, And You, And You.

I was a Squidoo beta tester, so I got to stake claim on a few pretty good lens topics. In the interest of getting them indexed by search engines, I'm going to share them with you now. Please click through and learn a little bit more about marketing guru Seth Godin's latest project.

Boston, Massachusetts: This lens features a map, a few links, an RSS feed and some other tidbits about our fair city of Boston. I hope to spend some time on this and really turn it in to a great resource. Perhaps one-day people will pay me to post their links there. Dare to dream.

Hockey Fights: This lens is designed to go hand-in-hand with, and drive traffic to, the revered and almighty GoonBlog. GB is quite popular, but DVS and I haven't quite found the revenue stream yet. Every little bit helps.

Pixies: This is just a labor of love and the lens on which I've spent the most time so far. Pretty long list of links, and I found a Rolling Stone RSS feed that often has relevant info. I think it will catch a lot of fanboy traffic one day.

Happy Mondays: Another musical-related tribute to one of my favorite bands. As the Mondays fade farther into history, their fansites diminish and I wanted to set up a permanent time capsule via Squidoo. Not much competition here - should corner the traffic market.

Company Culture: This is the first one I built 3 months ago, and I'm not quite sure where I'm going with it yet. I have the domain cultureforge.com which I think is really cool and I want to develop it into an HR-related blog. I just put the cart before the horse in this case.

The Rat Pack: Rat Pack history is a bit of a hobby of mine, so I thought I was cut out to run their lens. This will be quite detailed - breaking down links for each of the 5 main pack members as well as providing detailed discographies and bios.

Eric Bana: I've been a fan of this guy for about 5 years, and am very happy at his recent Hollywood successes and his amazing performance in Munich. I wanted to do a lens on someone who isn't yet flooded all over the net - so here's a little Bana fo yo ass.

Robert DeNiro: You know I had to fire up a lens for my boy Bobby D. More of the same here - links to everything I'll be able to find. I expect this one will generate a lot of traffic do the lack of good DeNiro fansites on the web.

SNL: This will be my homage to Saturday Night Live. Another informational resource that should be easy to compile and maintain. The focus here may be to sell those "Best of" DVDs that are so popular right now. Like Hansel.

Dog Sweater Patterns: This lens will supplement and drive traffic to DogGoneKnit.com. In a perfect world. In a perfect world, however, I wouldn't have the obsession with developing this site that I currently endure.

Search Engine Marketing: I'll be compiling a list of the SEM related sites and tools which I use on a daily basis. I am also helping to develop an SEM blog, so this will help to drive traffic and vice-versa.

Trailer Park Boys: This guilty pleasure of mine is in no danger of receding, especially with the feature film being released this coming summer. How much related crap is out there on the web? I dunno, but I'm going to find out.

And there you have it. Keep an eye out for Squidoo - it's bound to become a Google favorite, which in turn will trickle the traffic, and the love, down to my ridiculous, hair-brained schemes.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two small comments to improve your pixies site.

1. If you're going to link to Pixie Guitar tab, either link to here: http://frankblack.net/tabs/pix.asp

or here: http://www.samsmith.co.nz/tab/index.html#Pixies

Both of these places have CORRECT tab and actually play it. Everyone else just steals from the net.

2. Link to this. It's not technically the pixies, but everyone here is Pixie fans and it's the biggest post-Pixie community on the Net. Besides Frank Black IS the pixies. http://frankblack.net/

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Tell Ryan I think he knows what time it is.

You won't laugh at my internet gayness when I'm buying my parent's lake house. Method to the madness, and all that.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I'll be sure to link to it from my latest project: www.vendittisweatervest.org.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guys w/ sweater vests are hot.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dogs w/ sweater vests = gay.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:05:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com