homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Newport Timeshare Is On My Side. Yes It Is.

A recipie for trouble if I've ever heard one: Tiernan's now has a lightning-fast, free wireless connection. My apartment was party-central for some reason Monday night, with both my roomates independantly entertaining for a combined atmosphere that resembled the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse that time it was invaded by monkeys. Needless to say, even locked away in my room like a sober veal - I got very little done. I had a deadline yesterday, and I needed a quiet place to work after-hours and so I decided to see if I really could get shit done at my favorite pub - because I was never able to when I tried at the Hind's Head upon the procurement of my very first laptop in 1998.

Some boneless Buffalo wings and a couple Diet Cokes later, I was well on my way to getting my work finished. By midnight I was all done and having a Smithwick's with the North End restaurant crew that goes there every night. So, all in all, a nice little productive evening. I think Tiernan's may become a library of sorts for me. Especially during the week when it's quiet. Anyway, the real point here is that I got an important phone call while I was sitting there, typing away.

It was Jim on the line, and he sorta sheepishly asked me if I'd be interested in getting a timeshare in Newport this summer. Perhaps he was under the impression that I enjoyed sweating profusely in dense urban settings and didn't want to impose. Normally when we all go down there, we're treated like royalty at Heather and Chris' awesome house. But they have a little sailor on the way, and things done changed this year. I didn't even think about my answer. I'm in, and I'll be spending as little time in Boston as possible over the next 4 months. Perhaps that will cure my geographic antsiness for awhile. But definitely not the aggressive alcohol dependency.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com