homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cape Crusaders.

I was excited enough to be spending the weekend in the Cape - Orleans to be exact. Running into good friends minutes after arriving at Land Ho! was the icing on the cake. After a lovely round of my beloved poppers, we moseyed on over to Wellfleet and hit the Beachcomber. "May I see your ID please?" "Yeah, yeah". Just tell me where I buy the Frank Black tickets." After I procured four of them, I set out in search of the Healey brothers and Jeremy - and there was much rejoicing.

Saturday saw the great white whale hit the beach for the first time in a couple years. I gotta tell you, I really enjoyed it. I should be in a burn unit right now, but I had fun getting there. Then we headed back to Mark's hacienda and spent several hours playing with Henry the baby English Bulldog before getting our grill on. I cooked for 10+ people, and had a great time doing it. Props are definitely due to my assistant griller, Damaris. She refused to cut my hair on her day off, but kept the hot dog buns blazing. Subsequently, Moynihan kept the Rolling Rocks blazing and before I cashed in my chips around midnight I'd heard at least 7 stories about Baader Meinhoff.

Sunday we headed back to the beach for a seal sighting, some whiffleball and paramedics. An older gentleman who was lounging right in front of us had to be carried away on a stretcher after having a reaction to the very cold water. It was a little scary but luckily I think he's alright. The same can not be said for my stomach which looks like a tomato right now. I'll add some photos when I eventually get them. Of Henry the Bulldog, not my stomach. Alright, my stomach.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com