homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tiernan's Bar Obituary In The Weekly Dig.

Grieving is a process. I'm at about stage 11 by this point, and seeing a formal obituary in print is a big help. Remember the good times. Don't resent the bar for leaving me alone in this cruel world. I'm coming to grips and moving on with my life. It doesn't hurt that I was quoted:

"... the regulars are taking it hard. Dave Pye was one of the first bouncers hired at Tiernan'’s when it opened six years ago. 'Tiernan's was my home away from home,'” Pye said. '“It was a great Irish bar, and I always felt comfortable sending friends who were visiting Boston to Sue and the gang.' The pub was the first job that Pye took upon arrival in Boston. 'The owners and staff treated me as one of their own for years after my last door shift,'” he said. “It'’s hard to picture the neighborhood or the city without it.'"”

I have mixed emotions regarding this article. On the one hand, I'm happy to be immortalized as part of the bar's terrific community. On the other hand, I'm in searchable print mourning the loss of a boozer. "Dave, we were all set to hire you, until we discovered your Tiernan's lament online. You obviously have the priorities of a homeless mentholated schnapps addict." Does anyone need a quote regarding politics, marketing or business in general? No? OK. Back to the hooker jokes then.

Goodnight sweet boozer. You'll be sorely missed.



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com