homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Damn It Gym, I'm A Doctor Not A...

I need some advice, PITF readers. Since our office move I have lost my gym, and I need to find a new one - stat. I am reasonably sure that my several months of lethargy have been the root of some greater issues - including a creativity lapse that would make Jayson Blair do a doubletake. I'm not looking to join a spinning class or get into Yoga - I simply want an eliptical and some freeweights. Maybe a bench press thrown in for good measure. Where should I look?

It also has to be close to the Financial District and/or North End. If I have to take a detour on the way to or from work to get to the gym, it'll be easier for me to justify not going. Know thyself. Know thyself does not like to go to the gym. Once I get into the groove it'll be easy. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I simply need my location of cardiac enhancement to be proximous to both my dwelling and workplace, old chap. I also don't want it to be mobbed at all hours of the day and night. I'm not interested in any social aspect. In fact, if I could work out in a parallel dimension, I would.

Help me out, kids. Where's good and where's close? My arteries thank you in advance. Of severe clogging. Maybe start here.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

Super Fitness in Government Center is big, cheap, clean and new.

1 Washington Mall
617-248-3877

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, this isn't a gym suggestion for you - I know Boston like the back of YOUR hand. Instead, this is a workout suggestion for getting into the best shape of your life (if you don't die trying these routines). Check out CrossFit or for what I call “CrossFit Lite” go here to start off with. Not only will you love that results of CrossFit, if you poke around the site you’ll soon discover how you and the inventor of CrossFit share the same political bent (and I do mean BENT). Good luck!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Put a goddamn shirt on before we start tossing around 'gay' accusations.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:40:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com