homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Note To Self: Frig Off.

I've been like that little Dutch boy with his finger stuck in the dyke for the last couple of weeks. Yeah, yeah - so you've heard. I've done it to death. We get it, Pye. You're busy at work. We know. I'll bet you didn't know that I've been coming up with some interesting methods of keeping organized as a result. I bet you also didn't know that she gave me a ride on her Harley after the Indigo Girls concert.

I've tried Outlook tasks and meeting reminders. I've tried BaseCamp. I spent an hour on the phone getting a Salesforce plugin demo. I read Covey. I started getting to work earlier and staying later. I began delegating things I wouldn't have dreamt of letting someone else do a month go. And then do you know what I did?

I went to CVS and bought a little maroon notebook. And now everything is fine.

People are wired differently, and I suppose when you're in the eye of the storm you really learn a few things about yourself. What I've learned is that I benefit greatly from writing down every little thing I have to do over the course of a given week, because otherwise it may slide off the plate. And I mean everything. I've got potboilers like "haircut" and "cat litter" in there at the moment. We make my grandmother do that so she'll remember to take her medication, so I'm not exactly over the moon about my new solution. Or not being able to steal my Grandmother's medication anymore.

So if the next time you see me I'm jotting stuff down in a little notebook, and I tell it's for impromptu Haiku, I'm lying. I've probably just reminded myself to flush the toilet.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

writing stuff in a notebook saved me at work. huge. i highlight stuff when i'm done so i can see what i've completed.

very unfortunately, no dice for me at JVs shitshow this weekend. stab someone for me, will ya?

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I specifically requested you when I spoke to J earlier. I am disappointed. There may be a stabbing at the soccer club. I hope you have hepatitis or something. That'd be a reasonable excuse. Cause I'm only coming from Boston.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Fly to Canada
Tonight to ogle strippers
bachelor party fun

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i haven't had hepatitis in years.

me and 3 of the boys are off for a decadent weekend of booze, cigarettes and high-end golf. muskoka won't know what hit it. we planned it in january, so nothing i could do. believe me, i'm really sorry to miss it. it's gonna be a gong show.

and i know they told you it's a dome, but it's actually a shed now. the dome kept on popping when people were stabbing each other. didn't want you too be too disappointed when you get there.

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com