homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday's Quizzlet: Am I Mad, In A Coma, Or Back In Time?

The Quizzlet was another repeat today. I wish she wouldn't do that so often. Perhaps I should start my own quiz meme site. I'll get in a little practice and write my own questions today. Please feel free to play along in the comments.

What will you miss most about Boston if you ever actually leave?
Not counting friends, narry a whole heck of a lot. If that were a different story, I probably wouldn't be leaving in the first place. I won't be sitting in my apartment in Toronto weeping and working on an oil painting of the Charlestown skyline - let's put it that way.

What is your favorite television show? Pay TV doesn't count.
The second season of the brilliant Life on Mars started last week, and I've downloaded the first 2 episodes, as I recommend you do here. If you don't fall in love with Gene Hunt and Sam Tyler after an hour, "I'll come around your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids". The Trailer Park Boys Movie is now out on DVD, too.

What profession do you wish you'd taken up instead of your current one?
Take it easy, James Lipton. I should have become a homicide detective. All I do in my spare time is watch reality cop shows, and I would love to clock in every day tasked with catching lazy, murderous scumbags. Coincidentally, that's also the new name of my garage band.

Are there any hardcore Democrats in the audience who feel like their party is completely screwing the pooch in terms of selecting a candidate for 2008?
I'd love to see a woman in the presidency some day. I'd love to see a black person in the presidency some day. Hell - let's just blow everyone's mind and elect Tyra Banks. But let's also be realistic and keep the endgame in mind - this isn't the decade. The country isn't ready for it yet. Short of running a unicorn or one of those hairdo trolls that you put on the end of a pencil, the Dems are going to have to come back down to Earth if they want to stand a ghost of a chance next year. Am I wrong?

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You speak my mind about the Demies. I just had this conversation with my mom over the holiday. She says she's going to vote for Hillary come hell or high water, given the chance, because she wants the nation to know there is a critical mass who wants a woman as president. I, too, would do a jig were we to have a female/black/OTW (Other Than WASP) president. Coming from someone who worships Eleanor Roosevelt's work, it pains me to say that the dems could/very well may splinter so much of their strength by telling the nation it's time for a woman as president.

Saturday, February 17, 2007 12:02:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com