homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Boss Keeps Puking In Betsy's Shoes.

I met my new roomates, Mardi and Betsy, for drinks at Tiernans last night. Where they then proceeded to tell me an interesting story about my cat, Boss.

Choosing new roomates is a very stressful process, to say the least. Luckily, apartments in the North End of Boston are in high demand - so there's never any shortage of willing candidates. But once they're in you want to be as hospitable as possible, for a while anyway, as they settle in and get used to everything. This is made infinitely more difficult, however, if your pet frequently vomits in their room.



I'm going to keep this piece about my cat short, as I would actually like to sleep with a woman again some day. But I'll say this. Boss has puked in Betsy's shoes. Twice. Maybe this is a sign of affection in the cat kingdom. But I feed him, and he's never done it to me. He's actually in her room right now, perhaps waiting for her to come home and take of her shoes.

When I visited South Africa in 97, we were encouraged by our host to always check our shoes for scorpions before we slid our feet into them. But this... this is on a whole 'nother level.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one bad pussy.
bw

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Well here's a follow up. Monday morning I'm getting ready for work and I walk upstairs in my bare feet. 'SPLAT'. About $2.60 of regurgitated Iams all over the third step. He seems better now, though. Maybe he's pregnant.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is all that Cheap one you guys keep buying - cat's can't handle two buck chuck any better than us.

BW

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Iams is like the most expensive cat food you can get! It's equivalent to caviar, filet mignon or $8 chicken fingers.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 5:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats puke when they over eat (which happens quite a bit more than you'd expect) or when feel the need to rid themselves of a hair-ball. Mostly it's the latter.

Two buck Chucks (which costs $2.99 now)is really not a bad wine and well worth the 299 pennies you shell out for it. It is smooth, non-offensive in the acid department and comes in 3 varieties. It's a nice alternative to buying say an $85 bottle of Cain Five and finding out after the fact that it has turned. Chuck's is drink-able, cook-able, easy on the hang-over and if you open a bad bottle, who cares. Throw it out and open another one.

Good stuff cheap. Don't knock it.

Thursday, September 23, 2004 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

I fully agree with you anonymous ghetto somalier person. The chuck is a most excellent invention. How the cat vomiting, and wine got intertwined, I'm still not sure. Oh wait, that's right. Monster chimed in.

The cat, by the way, is fine. He's asleep in my underwear drawer at the moment. As opposed to asleep in my underwear, which is something I really shouldn't bring up here in mixed company.

Friday, September 24, 2004 12:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that's sommelier...but we all knew what you were aiming for. A+ for effort chap.

Friday, September 24, 2004 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

A+ for being a conceited twat, anonymous. Did I spell all of that correctly?

Friday, September 24, 2004 11:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Guess you're still not over that 5th grade spelling bee loss eh?...jeeze.

Friday, September 24, 2004 1:23:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com